Many products have low volume production needs. In a high volume world this can make things difficult for companies who need high quality production parts and want to eliminate the need to cut expensive injection molds. This is where “Short Run” production comes in. When you need to produce parts, but do not meet the volume requirements for production status, cast urethane can be hand mixed and poured or meter mixed and injected to accomplish your production needs.
Short run is a great way to bridge the gap between the prototype stage and high volume production.
- Urethane casting is low cost compared to the tooling costs required for mass manufacturing.
- RTV Tooling is more easily constructed than hard steel tools and can be easily modified.
- Parts can be manufactured quickly to prove out your design prior to production.
- Dyes can be mixed into the resin prior to casting, eliminating the need to paint parts.
- Many material properties can be achieved including rigid and flexible parts from 10 Shore A to 80 Shore D.