|GPI Prototype and Manufacturing Services is a leader in the dynamic field of 3D metal printing, also known as additive manufacturing. As the fastest growing segment of the 3D printing industry, metals and alloys are projected to grow at an annual compound rate of over 40% through 2020. Providing direct metal laser melting (DMLM) services in Lake Bluff, IL since 2008, GPI has the expertise to take our clients from early prototyping all the way to small and medium run manufacturing. With 18 employees dedicated to DMLM and a recent doubling of production capacity, GPI produces prototypes and end-use parts with complex geometries not possible with traditional machining in a variety of metals including aluminium, stainless steel, titanium, inconel and cobalt chrome.Our engineers and consultants work with clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies in the medical, aerospace and defense industries to students in university laboratories. Dedicated to maintaining cutting edge technology, GPI helps our clients rethink and revolutionize the way their parts are designed and manufactured. To further ensure the highest quality parts, GPI is pleased to be ISO 9001:2015, ISO 13485:2016, and AS9100D certified as well as ITAR registered.
|Seeking an experienced sales rep in the rapid prototype industry, preferably with a background in selling metal parts. This would be an inside sales position with responsibility for one of four industries: Aerospace, Medical, Industrial and Consumer. A background in manufacturing and a working knowledge of CAD is desirable. Familiarity with metallurgy is a plus.
(DO NOT SEND A RESUME UNLESS - Each of these 3 requirements are met)
• Rapid Prototype / Additive Manufacturing Sales Experience, or Experience with Metal Castings, Metal Injection Molding, Fabrication or Machining.
• High school diploma
• U.S. Citizen.
|Duties & Responsibilities
Key Job Responsibilities for a Sales Representative :
• Educate yourself, current customers and prospects on the RP and AM industries.
• Quickly recognize RP/AM applications in all industries.
• Find RP/AM opportunities to further penetrate existing customers and generate new sales opportunities.
• Expand our extensive database to find new customers and close new sales opportunities.
• Research new industries and potential customers to understand their products, processes and possibilities.
• Communicate and maintain good relationships with and manage the expectations of our current customers.
• 30 + prospecting calls per day.
• Travel to customers’ and prospects’ facilities as needed.
• Travel to and work trade shows to promote the application of our processes.
• Facilitate a sales cycle that can be as short as 24-72 hours with a high close-to-RFQ ratio.
• Develop a working familiarity of the technical characteristics of the metal raw materials used in this industry.
• Be an exemplary sales representative of our company at all times.
|Benefits of Employment
- Major medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, vision insurance
- Reduced rate health club membership
- Located in beautiful Lake Bluff, IL, 30 miles north of downtown Chicago
|$40,000 - $60,000 base salary, based on experience, plus potential to exceed $100,000 in commissions.
Negotiable & dependent on qualifications